Friday, November 4, 2011

Beautiful Storytelling With Simplicity

Forewarning: Since I had to close my social networking accounts for reasons I can't explain right now, this blog willl be more... bloggy. But only with art-related things, I promise. It's partly because I want to catalog these things so I can reference them again later, and partly because GUYS YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!!

So, if you're into storytelling, storyboarding or anything like that and want an amazing example of  simple, well-thought-out introduction to a character with zero dialogue, look to the opening sequence for Batman; The Animated Series. I'm serious.

Here's a comprehensive breakdown of why this is so brilliant http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/11/04/ask-chris-78-why-the-batman-the-animated-series-opening-is/

While you read that, I'm watching Batman; the Animated Series and drawing some fan art (because it's FRIDAY!).

No comments:

Post a Comment