Sunday, February 27, 2011

Change of Itinerary

Well, some technical difficulties have lead me to continually postpone my big costume figure updates. Instead, I will show you the styleframes I put together for my final in Motion Graphics. It's a title sequence for Pixar's version of Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea. I'm pretty stoked, though I'm also pretty sure I won't have the time to make it really wonderful, just kind of neat. Anyways, my influences are the opening credits for Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events and the opening credits for Wall-E.

All of the pieces are painted with ink and watercolor, cut out in Photoshop, and will be dropped into AfterEffects and animated there.






I cast people at whim. Also, "Catloaf studios" is my workshop name. Based mostly on this guy I came up with when I was figuring out my logo:
Meanwhile, if you want to see what a real professional looks like when he does what we're doing in our costumed figure class, check out these drool-worthy works by Glen Keane:
http://www.arludik.com/oeuvresE/Keane/kean.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment