Sunday, February 20, 2011

Crazy People Are Fun to Draw

Since our model was sick last week, we drew from photos our teacher threw up on the projector. Our homework was then to either use one of those sketches or find some source material of our own to make a finished illustration from. Today I am going back to those sketches to playa round with what I did in class, but the other day I decided to have a little fun and go through my own references and see what ic ame up with.

Here are the thumbnail doodles with their respective references:




I got a bit frustrated with myself (I obviously didn't give myself much time to warm up). But I took one of the doodles I kind of liked and started to play around with watercolors...




ANY CRITIQUE IS WELCOME, THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS!!

They're fine, but not wonderful. So now I know if I HAVE to turn something in I can finish one of these and it'll be OK, but I'm not quite pleased yet. So I'm going back to my in-class sketches and seeing if I come up with anything better. ^_^

I was unexpectedly given today off of work, my first day without work or school (or both) in two months! I am going to do laundry and take advantage of the extra time to really explore a few different possibilities for this illustration!

I'll post the in-class sketches along with other color studies and thumbnails tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. THOSE FACES.

    Make me happy. Haha! I loves the red and gray color scheme that you have going on in the bottom. It's pretty sweet. Also, I think I'd pay to see that guy dance. The one on the left anyway. Both look like they'd be strong pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like these were all taken from some insane circus family reunion.

    ReplyDelete