Tuesday, August 27, 2013

DR. Sketchy's, Aug 2013

I went to a Dr. Sketchy's this past weekend. The model had a sort of film noir detective lady thing going on. I don't know why, but I struggled the entire evening and wasn't too proud of anything I came up with. Oh well. Here you are anyways!

I worked in pencils and brush pens. In think next time I need to start with something smooshy and loose, like charcoal or a crow quill, to help me shake the more comfortable, heavy cartoony look I always fall back into.








 There was a little competition to make a 
book cover out of this pose.


The last is a quick sketch of the MC for the event. 

Hopefully next time I'll be able to get into a better groove instead of getting 
stuck in whatever the heck rut happened this last time. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment