Friday, September 24, 2010

Lazy Day Off

I took yesterday easy, kind of giving myself a weekend with yesterday and today. Not doing anything too intense. I'm a little worried about burning myself out, and right now I have about 6 projects on the table to pull from and I have to figure out which ones are most important and which ones will get pushed off until next break.

So, I spent about two hours inking and messing with the Calaveras 2.0 painting, and then I just did from reference life-drawing with the ink pen. Having fun, rooting for inspiration. The calaveras painting I won't post until it's completely finished. Here are the ink warm-ups I did.


(This is the "looking at the upper left corner" page... I don't know why I did that... it was entirely unconscious!)

Today I am taking it easy again, doing chores and things, playing some video games, and working on a few color studies and a story I want to illustrate.


NOTE!!!! Did you all know that you can click on the images for a larger version???

ALSO!!! If you have a Google, Livejournal, Wordpress or OpenID account you can leave me comments! There's a little red link at the bottom of each post that has a number and then the word "comments". Just so you guys know- you don't HAVE to e-mail me whenever you have something to say about my art if you don't want to! (Not that I don't like the e-mails- I do!)

3 comments:

  1. these are amazing, Laura. I am really enjoying this blog of yours. It's nice to have a peek into your work so often. :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Amy! It's forcing me to stay on track, which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you draw souls into people. I especially like your bearded man - he looks mean spirited.

    Love, Sierra

    P.S. I get to see you in a week. I just peed a little from excitement.

    ReplyDelete