Saturday, September 18, 2010

More Costumed Figure, warm-ups

Week 3 of Costumed Figure class.
This week I tried working with black and purple inks to begin with, but found myself struggling to get the effect I wanted. We had just done a lecture about folds in fabric, and I really wanted to explore that in this model's outfits. So I switched mediums.
This just wasn't a great week for me. Ah well.
I did two finals for this week. Both were pretty "fashiony", not too exciting as a character study. 

And now for some warm-ups from the past few days.


NARWHALS. Oh man, why am I stuck on Narwhals? All of these are right from my head, no references, mostly Bus Drawings. 


These were all done using photographic references. I need to get back into life-drawing, but right now all I wanna do is draw wacky characters.
More Drawings from reference.


That's it for today! I'm back to drawing!



No comments:

Post a Comment